It feels so good to finally, at last, be headed in a positive direction. So much left to do. But the ship has turned.
Saturday, April 07, 2012
- Boil brown lentils in water until done. I used 1 1/2 cups (dry) which made 4 1/2 cups cooked. Recipe on the back of the lentil bag. My amounts above required 6 cups water in saucepan, added 1 1/2 cups lentils, brought to boil, reduce to low and cook for 12-15 minutes. Drain.
- Tossed chicken tenderloins in bowl with bit of flour, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Thinly slice one lemon and one orange, remove seeds. You'll squeeze just a small amount of both in the glaze.
- Make a spicy citrus glaze from olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, dash of each ground cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, and allspice. Add black pepper, dash chili powder, garlic powder. Bit of water.
- Spray 13X9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cooked and drained lentils go in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top lentils with breaded chicken tenderloins.
- Top chicken with thin slices of lemon and oranges across the whole dish.
- Pour spicy citrus glaze evenly over the top of the entire dish.
- Top dish with chopped/sliced almonds.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and reduce heat to 300-325 and continue baking for another 45 minutes.